A 55-year-old man suffered serious personal injuries in Orlando Florida after a Motorcycle crash Monday morning. According the Florida Highway Patrol, the unnamed man was heading northbound around 6:45 a.m. when the accident happened. The victim was approaching the intersection when a Toyota Tacoma, driven by a 53-year-old man made a left turn into the motorcycle’s path. The front of the Harley-Davidson struck the front of the Tacoma.
According to the CDC “Motorcycle crash-related hospitalizations rose more than 40%. The costs of treating head injuries from motorcycle crashes more than doubled to $44 million.” Motorcycle accidents can often result in life altering injuries to the rider. Even if you protect yourself with appropriate clothing and a helmet, the injuries you suffer after a motorcycle accident could permanently impact your life. Orlando Personal Injury John Bales Attorneys can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical bills – to treat your current injuries and if your injuries are serious enough, you may also be subject to a lifetime of future medical bills.
- Loss of income – your motorcycle accident may affect your ability to work or because of constant medical care.
- Loss of future earning– the injuries you suffer in a motorcycle accident may also limit your ability to continue employment in your current line of work and therefore limit your ability to make a living in the future.
- Pain and suffering – your injuries may have caused you serious pain and suffering.
- Loss of consortium –If your injuries are serious enough, your family may be entitled to financial compensation.
- Property damage – damages caused to your vehicle due to the accident.
- Punitive damages – damages designed to punish reckless drivers. These are awarded in extreme cases of reckless conduct by the at-fault party.
Motorcyclists have very little protection between themselves, the road, or other vehicles, even accidents at low speeds can result in serious injuries or even fatalities. Even relatively small accidents can incur expensive medical treatments, future medical expenses during recovery, lost income, and the possibility of lost earning capacity as well.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to protect your legal rights. An Orlando personal injury attorney can help you with your claim and help you decide the next steps to take. What you do following a Motor Vehicle Accident can help to establish the best foundation for your personal injury claim:
- Remain at the scene of the accident
- Call 911 or have a witness call for you
- Give a statement of your accident to the police officers who arrive on scene to ensure that a formal report is filed
- Seek medical attention. This is very important. Even if you don’t think you have sustained an injury – some injuries may not manifest until some hours or even days following the accident
- Make sure to obtain the other drivers information involved in the accident, including names, phone numbers, addresses, driver’s’ license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
- If there are witnesses to the accident, it is important to obtain their names and phone numbers so that your attorney may contact them during the accident investigation
- Be sure to contact your insurance company to report your accident
If you were in a motorcycle accident and suffered a personal injury, Parent LLP Attorneys can assist you with filing a claim against the negligent driver. It is important to seek legal counsel immediately. johnbales.com has an established reputation in Connecticut and will help ensure that your legal rights are protected. They can help you recover fair compensation for lost wages, medical costs due to related injury, long-term diminished quality of life compensation.